We are now taking bookings for courses to run over the summer months on Wednesday Evenings 7pm to dusk at our club Field. The next course is scheduled to start on the 22nd May and will run for 4 weeks. Following this, there will be one final course for 2019 starting on the 26th June (also running for 4 weeks). Both courses cost £50 and this fee includes hire of all the equipment required. Please contact our coaching coordinator for further details, enrolment forms, or to add your name to our waiting list.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction and welcome to the club.
- Safety Rules & etiquette.
- Fitting out each person with suitable equipment.
- Warm up and cool down procedure.
- Basic shooting technique
- Practice shooting at a bare target, initially from approximately ten yards, but at progressively longer distances as the course progresses.
- A little about equipment.
- Different aspects of archery & types of bow.
- Introduction to scoring and methods.
- How to aim with a sight.
- Selecting equipment & costs.
- Reinforcing shooting technique, etiquette, safety and scoring.
- Details of joining the Club.
- Shooting rounds.
- Entering tournaments & clothing.
- Discuss equipment needs with those wishing to join the club.