Our next set of courses will be starting at the end of March 2019. The first four sessions are of 1 hour duration on Saturday mornings and will take place at our indoor venue. The last two sessions will be on Wednesday evenings at our field.
The course comprises 6 sessions as follows:
|Date||Course 1||Course 2 [subject to interest]||Venue|
|Saturday 30th March||9:30-10:30AM||11:00-12noon||NCC/Engine House|
|Saturday 6th April||9:30-10:30AM||11:00-12noon||NCC/Engine House|
|Saturday 13th April||9:30-10:30AM||11:00-12noon||NCC/Engine House|
|Saturday 20th April||no session: easter weekend|
|Saturday 27th April||9:30-10:30AM||11:00-12noon||NCC/Engine House|
|Wednesday 1st May||19:00PM to dusk||19:00PM to dusk||Club Field|
|Wednesday 8th May||19:00PM to dusk||19:00PM to dusk||Club Field|
The course covers the following:
- Introduction and welcome to the club.
- Safety Rules & etiquette.
- Fitting out each person with suitable equipment.
- Warm up and cool down procedure.
- Basic shooting technique
- Practice shooting at a bare target, initially from approximately ten yards, but at progressively longer distances as the course progresses.
- A little about equipment.
- Different aspects of archery & types of bow.
- Introduction to scoring and methods.
- How to aim with a sight.
- Selecting equipment & costs.
- Reinforcing shooting technique, etiquette, safety and scoring.
- Details of joining the Club.
- Shooting rounds.
- Entering tournaments & clothing.
- Discuss equipment needs with those wishing to join the club.